Wednesday, October 27, 2010

new swimsuit + what I wore



Well to my dismay, summer is just around the corner. I know most of you are looking forward to it, unless you're like me of course and perfect gorgeous 22 degrees days with a cool breeze running through your hair and a lovely overcast in the sky. The one thing I hate about summer (apart from the horrible 30- 40 degrees days in Perth) is the fact that I can no longer cover all my bumps with a giant coat and I have to wear more revealing clothing to cope with the heat. I've always been a very self-conscious person and its take a lot of courage to be confident enough to wear a dress without a cardigan or jacket (I hate my arms!).

This also means that I don't really like going to the beach. This is pretty much a crime when you live in WA considering we have the most beautiful beaches in the world. I've never really felt confident in any kind of bikini or swimsuit and I've have always made excuses to avoid going to the beach when invited.

But for the first time in years I actually think that this might change all thanks to my new purchase.

The other day I was looking at the new Mink Pink items at City Beach and I accidentally came across this gorgeous one piece by Mooloola-





The print is gorgeous (I'm a sucker for anything with polka dots) and the cut is oh so flattering. Its the first swimsuit that doesnt make me feel completly ashamed. And it was only $20! Hells yes!

Another reason I hate summer is no longer being able to wear any cute accessories for cooler weather (I envy all you Melbourne peeps and your so called "miserable" weather!!). I'm really going to miss wearing my beloved Wheels & Dollbaby cardigans, my long sleeve vintage dresses, my polka dot scarves and my berets. I love collecting berets. I prefer the french inspired design over the knitted hats that have caused a frenzy over the past 3 years.

So I'm taking full advantage of the cool spring weather by wearing my favorite warmer clothing and accessories. Today was a perfect chilly day for this-







The quality of the photos arnt the best but I'm hoping to have a better camera very soon.

Outfit details:
  • dress- Tumbleweed
  • jacket- Supre
  • beret- an accessories store in the Carillon Arcade (I can't remember for the life of me what its called but I will find out and post it later)
  • cameo brooch- Broken Doll

♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment