Sunday, October 24, 2010

Metallica shakes up Perth

What a night! after 6 years of waiting to see one of my all time favorite bands, last night I witness Metallica in all their glory at the Burswood Dome (which is in Perth for all you non-perthies)


I've been a massive fan of these boys since I was 15. I got to the point where I became completely obsessed with the band, collecting all their dvds, buying memorabilia, listening to their albums when ever I could, always trying to convert my friends into 'metalli-maniacs' and watching their concerts on dvd everyday after school. They are such pioneers for so many musicians as well as the heavy metal world. Most top metal bands of today would cite at-least one of Metallica's first albums as an important influence. And so they should!

The tickets were an anniversary present from my boy (thanks again darling!). We missed out on tickets in the standing area, but our seats did get a view of most of the stage at-least. Because it was their second show in Perth, they decided to mix up their set-list a bit and play a few songs that usually aren't included in their shows, which was a fantastic experience for me. They even played my favorite song 'Orion', a beautiful instrumental piece from their Master of Puppets album. This moved me to tears, which is pretty funny in a way. I never thought I'd ever hear that song live. It really meant so much to me.


Here's a few photos of what i wore to the show-


I brought out my beloved 'Alcoholica' shirt for the night. Alcoholica was a nickname given to the band in the early 80's when they first started getting popular. It was obviously given to them for their heavy consumption of alcohol (god I'm such a metallica nerd). I brought this from 78 Records when I was 16. Its probably my favorite shirt in my wardrobe, not just for for the awesome artwork by the infamous Pushead, but also for sentimental reasons. It doesn't fit me as good as it did when I was 16. Back then I was a tiny size 8, now I'm hitting a 12. But it still does me justice.




Outfit details:

.shirt- 78 Records
.skirt- Dangerfield
.jacket- Supre
.bag- Salvos

And of course I had to spend my hard earned cash on some merchandise for my collection-



I will finish this blog with a Metallica video. I chose 'Whiskey in the Jar' just for a bit of fun. A brilliant cover of the Thin Lizzy version and a perfect song to amp up the party. This song almost ALWAYS puts a smile on my face :)


Enjoy
♥♥











No comments:

Post a Comment