Friday, December 17, 2010

You say its your birthday? It's my birthday too yeah!

Listening to: Run DMC

Watching: Mad Men

Reading: Fashion X Press


Ok, I'm really bad at blog posting at a regular rate. And I actually have a good excuse this time! We recently changed internet providers so we could get faster internet, but it actually made it go even slower! We were with iinet for a while, but we had enough of our internet disconnecting every 10mins for no reason. We switched to Vodafone mobile internet, but now we're having second thoughts, yet again! *sigh*

Enough of my whingeing. Monday was my 22nd birthday. I actually wasn't looking forward to turning 22 and letting go of the ripe old age of 21, but to be honest it actually feels better than I did a year ago when I turned 21. I'm not sure why this is. Perhaps being 21 is an over rated concept, and letting go of that age made me realise that getting older isn't as scary as I thought it would be. Personally I think that there is a lot of pressure put on ourselves to 'live life to the fullest', especially during our 21st year of life. Through out the year I always had this in the back on my mind, which made me stress over trying to make sure that I did as much as I could this year. Now that it is over I actually feel a lot of weight off my shoulders and I feel more relaxed. So far I'm loving being 22 and I'm really excited about what the future holds for me.

I had my birthday on the weekend prior. This year for my birthday I decided to throw a 'bad taste party'. Basically you have to come dressed in the worst clothing you can find. I am very happy with this decision as it made my birthday without a doubt one of the best birthdays in my life.


This is my attempt as an '80's prom queen'. Monty the cat also wanted to be in the photo :)



I had so much trouble finding an 80's prom dress. There were 2 reasons for this-
  1. apparently, according to Vinnie Retro in Northbridge, this year alot of work places were having '80's prom nights' for their Christmas party. so much for my "original" idea!

  2. I could not find a dress my size. I went to every op shop, costume shop and retro shop in my area. I found perfect dresses that fit me everywhere except for my back. I hate my back! Because of how broad I am it makes it very difficult to find retro clothing that fits me. I'm usually a size 10 but when I buy retro clothing I normally have to buy a size 14 or 16.

The dress I wore was actually hired from Broken Doll in Freo. It had corseting at the back which made it so much easier for me to fit into.


I had pretty macaroons at my party for everyone to enjoy :)





The winner of the 'worst best dressed' was Ashley, who received a lovely bottle of wine.





Such a great night with all my best friends. I couldn't of asked for more!
Here's some of the lovely gifts I received for my birthday:



I certainly feel loved ^_^

My actual birthday was on Monday. I spent my day in the city doing the things I love most-














Birthday outfit photo:



My hair is still crimped from Saturday night. It was a nightmare to wash out, but totally worth it.


Outfit details:

.dress- Alley
.cardi- Chica Booti
.necklace- Tumbleweed
.bag- Live
.shoes- gift from friend

I can safely say that this year was the best birthday I have ever had

♥♥

1 comment:

  1. I spy Tiger Tiger and Wheels&Dollbaby! Two places I always visit when I come back to Perth.

    ReplyDelete